Monday, February 19, 2007

Challenging Foods

Most Japanese I know like the fact that I try every food put in front of me, and that I enjoy almost all of them.

The are some Japanese foods that most gaijin agree take some getting used to. These include :

* natto - fermented soyabeans (Mel has forbidden anybody bringing them into the apartment)
* umeboshi - picked Japanese plum
* sliced raw chicken liver served with oil and salt (In Australia we are taught to never eat raw chicken)

Whether you try any of them or not is up to you, but if you visit Japan try to be open minded able your food options.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Melanie Gray Augustin said...

I'll leave you to be the adventurous one honey ;)

7:34 am  
Blogger Crafty Japan said...

Really?? (cackles evily) Now I know what to slip into my next fabric bag hehehe

11:07 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home