Sunday, January 21, 2007

I Love Japan

I have been living here (a gaijin in Japan) for about 10 months now and the time has flown by. I have to say "I love Japan".

Imagine, getting married and two weeks later you are living in another country, and to top it off, you don't speak the language. I was of course, a bit nervous when I arrived but I shouldn't have been. I took to the culture like a duck to water, although the language is slower going. ;-)

The people are wonderful and have been very friendly and welcoming. The food is great, although some of the school lunches I've eaten have been interesting :-) More about that in another post.

Nearly everything here is an experience slightly different to what you would get doing the same thing in your own country. Whether it is driving (people are very polite) or shopping in the supermarket, it's all slightly different.

All in all it's a great place to be.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Told you you'd love it here. Now aren't you glad you married me?

9:44 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home