Monday, March 19, 2007

Our First Year In Japan

As of the 16th, we have been in Japan for one year.

Wow - I can't believe how quickly the time has flown.

Other than my first ever hospital stay, my time here has been great. In actuality the hospital stay was fine, it was the reason for the stay that was the downer. I have had no "culture shock", no "what am I doing here?" (well actually I did have a couple of hours of it (^_^)) and no missing being in Aus.

I think I have surprised everybody but Mel with how well I seem to fit in here. I have had a couple of Japanese say that I must have lived in Japan in a previous life. I don't know about that but Japan is a great place to be.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger maria said...

I'd like to visit Japan one day..but in my mind I imagine a few days in Tokyo and that's all! Maybe to experience the madness of the busy city.. of course the sushi..I just love it..and to buy stationary. I love Japanese stationary and it's so expensive to buy here in my opinion. Movies like 'Lost in Translation' piqued my interest a lot!

12:02 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home