Sunday, November 25, 2007

Doing Weights in Japan

I posted this on my Fitness Journal but thought it appropriate that I add it here as well.

Weight Training in Japan

One of the difficulties some people face when training in Japan is the lack of free weights. This is not to say that there aren't any hard core weight training facilities, it's just that they are few and far between. Sadly there are none in my area. The gym that I currently go to has plenty of cardio equipment, plenty of weight machines and a small free weights section.

This does not mean you can't have a great workout! It's just a matter of picking the appropriate exercises. It has been a lot of fun for me to think outside the square and develop my programs. I must say however that some of the other patrons (and staff) look at me oddly when I start doing Bulgarian split squats etc.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home